There's nothing better than a quick and easy shrimp and tomato pasta! This one is delicious!
Shrimp and tomato pasta with spinach is one of those recipes you can go to in a pinch. Simple, yet delicious...don't think twice about putting this one on your dinner table. The whole family will love it!
Love shrimp and pasta recipes? Try my Healthy Shrimp Pasta with Spinach and my Buttery Shrimp Pasta with Kale.
When I'm not making my own pasta, I'll treat myself to some of the best boxed around...Barilla all the way!
Can I use precooked shrimp?
Sure, you definitely could. Just add the shrimp towards the end of cooking just to warm it up.
I'll typically use raw shrimp because it's so quick and easy to cook that it just makes more sense to me. Plus I always get my shrimp detailed and deveined, so that helps me save time in the prep.
Is Shrimp and Tomato Pasta with Spinach healthy?
Totally. Shrimp, tomatoes, spinach...what else do you need to make this healthy? As long as you're not scarfing down a pound of pasta yourself...you're golden! And honestly, this shrimp and tomato pasta recipe is so flavorful, you can even use a whole wheat spaghetti and not really know the difference.
How do you make Shrimp and Tomato Pasta with Spinach?
Let's get down to business! This is really one of the easiest recipes I make which makes it a great weeknight meal.
First, put up a pot of salted water to boil.
Then, add some olive oil to a pan and cook the shrimp until they're just opaque and remove them from the pan and set aside. We're going to throw them back in later to cook them a bit more so try not to overcook them here.
Feel free to throw some halved garlic and some red pepper flakes in the oil to give the shrimp a little extra 'umph'!
Then, in the same pan, add some more garlic for like 30 seconds, then add your tomatoes and some chicken broth or stock. Cook until the tomatoes start to wilt and the broth starts to simmer a bit.
Next, toss the shrimp back in and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add your spinach and cook until wilted.
Finally, drain your cooked spaghetti (cook it al dente) and add it to the pan. Mix all together while cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
Seriously...how easy was that? One of my favorites because it's so easy to make and friggin' delicious too!
Hope you enjoy! Buon appetito!
Tools I used in this recipe:
- All Clad Stainless Steel Pan
- Misen Chef's Knife
- J.K. Adams Butterfly Board
- KP Kitchen Measuring Spoons
- Riviera Wooden Cooking Spoon
Shrimp and Tomato Pasta with Spinach
- In a large skillet or fry pan, heat some olive oil. When hot, add the shrimp and season with salt and the red pepper flakes. Cook until translucent - about 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside, covered.
- In the same pan, add the garlic (some more olive oil if needed) and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the shrimp back in.
- Mix all together and cook for about 2 minutes then add the spinach. Cook until wilted - about a minute.