This Filet Mignon with garlic herb butter is super tasty and super easy to make. Pan sear it for a few minutes, throw it in the oven and you have yourself a delicious, tender, and juicy meal that the whole family will eat.
Such a nice looking dish at the end…and SO TASTY too!!!
We’re not big meat eaters in this family. When we can, we substitute turkey or chicken for beef, but sometimes there’s nothing like a good filet mignon. I cooked this during the pandemic, so I actually picked these filets up from Omaha Steaks.
It was my first time ordering from them and I was very happy with how juicy and tender they were. All it needed was a quick and easy herb butter topping to complete the meal.
Roasted brussels sprouts are the perfect side for this dish. Seasoned with some salt and pepper and a little parmesan cheese is all you need.
This garlic and herb butter is super easy to make and makes all the difference in this recipe.
GARLIC AND HERB BUTTER IN 3 EASY STEPS
- Butter (softened) - 1 tbsp
- Rosemary - ½ tbsp
- Thyme - ½ tbsp
- Garlic (minced) - 1 clove
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix until they are thoroughly combined.
- Move the butter mixture onto some tin foil and shape the butter mixture into a stick as best as you can.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until you’re ready to put it on to of your steak
THAT’S IT! TOLD YOU IT WAS SIMPLE!
What temperature do I cook my steak?
- Rare: 120-125 degrees
- Medium rare: 125-130 degrees
- Medium: 135-140 degrees
- Medium well: 145-150
- Well done: 160 degrees +
Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter
Garlic and herb butter
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- ½ tbsp rosemary fresh
- ½ tbsp thyme fresh
- 1 clove garlic minced
- If you have a double oven, preheat one to 425 degrees and the other to 415 degrees. If not, you’ll drop the higher temp down to 415 when needed.
- In a large bowl, add the sprouts, oil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Mix all together until each of the sprouts has oil on it. Place sprouts on baking sheet and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Set aside and keep warm. Drop temperature to 415 if needed.
- When the sprouts have cooked for about 10 minutes, pat filets dry with paper towel and season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to an oven-safe skillet. When the pan is scorching hot, add the filets. Cook, without touching for 2 minutes and flip. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place the pan directly in the oven (BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF WITH THE HOT PAN) and cook until you reach your desired doneness - about 5-6 minutes for medium rare/medium (see temp chart below). Top each steak evenly with the garlic & herb butter and serve with the Brussels sprouts!