Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cheese...it doesn't get much better than that!
Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cheese is one of my all time favorite recipes because they're so simple and are loaded with flavor. If you need a good "Taco Tuesday" meal without the effort, look no further than baked chicken taquitos.
How do you make baked chicken taquitos?
It's super simple.
First, preheat the oven to 400 or 425 degrees.
Then, shred the chicken. If I'm really pressed for time, I'll buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it up. Otherwise, I tend to boil the chicken, let it sit for a bit, and then shred it. Either way, you can't lose.
Next, add it to a large bowl with some cheese and some seasoning.
Seriously, this recipe can't get much easier.
Then, fill a few tortillas with the chicken mixture. Keep them together by pressing a wooden toothpick through them, and put them on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with some olive oil.
Finally, top them with some shredded cheese and bake them for about 15 minutes or until the tops get crispy and golden brown.
The next time you're in a pinch, or you're just looking for a super simple Mexican recipe the whole family can enjoy, try these baked chicken taquitos with cheese. The whole crew will love them!
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Nordic Ware Baking Sheet
- J.K. Adams Reversible Butterfly Carving Board
- Misen Chef's Knife
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Basting Brush
Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cheese
- Baking Sheet
- Wooden toothpicks
- Basting brush
- 4 cup cooked chicken breast shredded
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 20 small corn tortillas
- ½ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400. In a large bowl, add the chicken, salt, pepper, spices, and ¾ of the cheese. Mix until fully combined.
- Fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture and keep together by pushing a toothpick through the middle of each one. Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Pour the olive oil into a small cup and using a basting brush, gently brush a small amount of the oil on top of each tortilla.
- Take the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over each tortilla and place in the oven. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese on the top is melted and a bit crusty.