This is the Best Cheeseburger Pie recipe comes from my Mother-In-Law and will be a keeper for years to come.
Recipe by Lorin Carcich via ‘Doubly Delicious’ by the Twins’ Mother’s Club of Bergen County
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
The Best Cheeseburger Pie recipe is one I’d seriously consider one of the best comfort foods around. Ground beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, and melted cheese. Kinda like Shepherd’s pie on steroids :)!
How to make Cheeseburger Pie
The mashed potatoes take the longest to prepare, so let’s cook them first. When they’re done, mash them up and add warm milk, an egg and some salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
While the potatoes cook, let’s grease a 2-3 quart baking dish and set aside. We’ll be using that later.
First things first, let’s cook some onions in a skillet. Once they’re a little soft, add the ground beef (preferably grass-fed if you can) and brown. Drain as much of the liquid as you can.
Add the tomato soup and green beans. Cook, mixing all together, until the green beans and soup are warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dump the meat and bean mixture into the greased casserole. Top with the mashed potatoes first, and then layer the shredded cheese on afterwards.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. This Cheeseburger Pie is one of my favorites, but if you’re into comfort foods, make sure to check out this Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
- Pyrex 3 Quart Baking Dish
- J.K. Adams Butterfly Carving Board
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Misen Chef’s Knife
The Best Cheeseburger Pie
- Baking dish
- 1 lb ground beef grass-fed
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 cup green beans frozen or canned
- 1 can tomato soup 10.75 oz can
- 5 cooked potatoes
- ½ cup milk warmed
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup shredded cheese cheddar or american
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2 or 3 quart baking dish.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and start cooking the onions. After a minute or two, add the ground beef. Cook until meat is browned and the onions are soft – about 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Add the soup and green beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, mixing thoroughly until the soup and beans are warm.
- Add the meat and bean mixture to the greased baking dish.
- Mash the potatoes and add the warm milk and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the potatoes on top of the meat in the baking dish. Evenly spread the potatoes over the meat.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the potatoes and bake for 25-30 minutes.