This spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast is juicy, loaded with flavor, and full of creamy goodness.
Delicious chicken breast stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese baked with a hearty tomato sauce. There's always room for dessert...but after having seconds of this meal, it'll be pretty tough!
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Cook the sauce - heat the olive oil in a sauce pan. Once heated, add garlic - cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, basil, onion powder, salt, pepper(s). Bring to boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make spinach stuffing - in a pan, heat a tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, add the spinach - season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or until slightly wilted. Turn heat off and add ricotta cheese. Mix in and set aside to cool. Wipe out pan.
- While spinach cooks, pat chicken breast dry with paper towels. With a sharp knife, make 3-4 slits in the chicken about ¾ of the way through the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff spinach & ricotta stuffing inside each of the slits in the chicken.
- Put a few scoops of tomato sauce at the bottom of a baking pan. Add the chicken to the pan and top with the rest of the sauce (you can leave some aside to top later). Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken bakes, in the same pan used to cook spinach, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. When heated, add asparagus - season with salt & pepper. Add another clove or 2 or crushed garlic if you’d like.