Steak tacos are so easy to make and so tasty. It’s a recipe you can go to any night of the week whenever you’re looking to whip up something quick. This Spicy Steak Taco recipe is a winner…and an easy choice when deciding on what to make for dinner.
One of my favorite parts to this steak taco recipe is the homemade Cucumber and Avocado salsa. Seriously, it makes the dish! The avocado and cucumber give a nice cool taste on top of the hot steak and the red onions and jalapeños give it just the kick it needs.
Cucumber, avocado, red onion, cilantro, jalapeños and lime juice.
The filet mignon is seasoned with a nice chili rub. I love the crustiness of the steak after using it. You can fry them (I use my All Clad 12” Stainless Steel Fry Pan), grill them, or broil them. Any way you cook them, you’re in for a tender, juicy steak taco meal.
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Pyrex Mixing Bowls
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cup/Spoons
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Avocado Slicer Tool
- All-Clad Stainless Steel Fry Pan
Spicy Steak Tacos
Avocado Lime Salsa
- 1 cucumber seeded and peeled
- 2 avocado skinned and chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili chopped
- salt to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, add the chili powder, garlic, onion powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Pour a dash of olive oil in as well and mix all together.
- Pat the steak dry and with clean hands, rub the chili mixture into both sides of the meat.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium pan. Cook the steaks for about 3-4 minutes a side until medium rare. Take off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the steaks cook, in a medium sized bowl, add the cucumber, onion, cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together.
- Once the steaks have sat for at least 5 minutes, cut steaks into 1” cubes.
- Serve hot in your taco of choice (or lettuce) with the homemade salsa and preferred toppings.