I absolutely LOVE this recipe! And you will too! This quick and easy rigatoni pesto with broccoli and tomatoes is a great option when you’re looking for a healthy pasta dish.
The mix of pesto and sun-dried tomatoes really makes this pasta recipe special. Flavor with every forkful!
Broccoli, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic. It’s just loaded with tons of veggies and wholesome goodness. Want to kick it up to another level on the healthier side??? Put this over whole wheat or chickpea pasta. With all the flavors in this dish, it’ll be hard to tell the difference from durum semolina pasta.
DAMN…I’m hungry! I used Rigatoni in this recipe because I love all the flavors that get trapped inside it.
I get that pesto is kind of a hit-or-miss flavor for some people. But if you dig pesto, you’ll dig this healthy pasta recipe. And whether you make your own pesto or used jarred, it’ll be just as good!
Rigatoni Pesto with Broccoli and Tomatoes
- Dutch oven
- Pasta pot
- 1½ lb rigatoni
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 oz pesto jarred; can use more if needed
- 1 lb grape tomatoes halved
- 2 heads broccoli florets
- 8 oz sun-dried tomatoes jarred
- 1 cup white wine dry, crisp
- 2 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper optional
- Heat a pot of water until boiling.
- In a medium sized pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or a minute until fragrant.
- Add 1 tbsp of pesto into the garlic. Mix together then add the grape tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes until tomatoes start to wilt.
- Move the tomatoes to one side of the pan, and add the broccoli to the other. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rest of the pesto sauce to the broccoli and mix on "its side". Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli has softened. Stir occasionally.
- While the broccoli cooks, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 8-9 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Once the broccoli is soft, mix the grape tomatoes and broccoli all together and add the sun-dried tomatoes, wine, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then lower heat. Cook, mixing frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta into the pan with vegetable, mixing frequently until you reach your desired texture.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese into the dish, mixing frequently.