I love Chicken and Broccoli! And I love Chicken and Broccoli more when it's made in under 30 minutes and uses only one pan! That's exactly how we make it here.
This simple, easy, and extremely tasty recipe has a lot of flavor, a little kick and lot to look forward to. Dinner doesn't have to be hard...not with this easy One Pan Chicken and Broccoli recipe.
One Pan Chicken and Broccoli
- Cook the rice as per the instructions. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a medium sized pan. When heated, add the garlic and white bottoms of scallions. Cook until softened a bit about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and mix all around until browned. About 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and the sesame oil. After about a minute of cooking, add a ½ cup of water. Cook until the broccoli begins to get a dark green color and a little soft (about 5-7 minutes). Cover if you like the broccoli a little softer. Mix occasionally.
- Once broccoli is ready, add the black bean sauce, hot sauce, and coconut aminos/soy. Cook, stirring, for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the brown rice to the pan and mix in. You may need to add a bit more water here (¼ cup or so).
- Turn off heat and add the ricotta/cream. Stir together until creamy.