Making homemade pizza with the family is a fun way to spend some time in the kitchen with the little ones. With this homemade pizza recipe, we’re using both pre-made pizza dough and a frozen crust.
What’s your favorite topping? Sausage is right up there at the top of the list for me. We add some spinach and onions to get our veggies in with this pie, but if it were up to me…I’d do the whole pie in sausage!
How'd I do rolling out this pre-made pizza dough for the kids?
Healthy broccoli and kale frozen pizza crust for me and The Guinea Pig
Whether you’re using a pre-made pizza dough or a frozen one, it’s still great to be able to spend time in kitchen with your loved ones on family pizza night!
Homemade Spinach Pizza
- 1 pre-made dough can also use a frozen crust
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce jarred
- 8 oz mozzarella fresh or bagged
- ⅛ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¾ cup flour
- 6 oz spinach fresh
- 1 cup onion chopped, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475
- If you're topping your pizza with the onion and spinach, in a large pan, heat the olive oil. Once heated, add the garlic and cook for 30 secs or 1 min until fragrant. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft, then add the spinach. Toss for 5 minutes until wilted. Set aside.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface (i.e. cutting board) - add the dough and move it around so it's fully covered with the flour
- Start kneading the dough with the bottom of your palm for about 5 minutes until the dough starts stiffening up (continue to add flour to the board and your hands so they don't stick to the dough).
- Once the dough is kneaded, start to spread the dough out - let gravity do the work when possible.
- Once the dough is in a nice circular shape, add your pasta sauce to the middle of the dough. Using the back of a spoon, spread the sauce evenly around the dough in a circular motion.
- Once the sauce is on, add your cheese evenly across the pie
- If you're adding the spinach and onion, add it now.
- Sprinkle the pie with the grated parmesan cheese
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly crispy
Love this recipe!! My favorite pizza