I love shrimp…and I love tacos…it only makes sense that I love Shrimp Tacos! Once again, we’re using our gluten free seasoning with these healthy shrimp tacos which is loaded with flavor …a wonderful compliment to the shrimp.
For shrimp tacos, I love using these raw shrimp…detailed and deveined. They’re big…they’re flavorful…and they’re great for shrimp tacos!
Looking for a gluten-free seasoning??? You’ll love this!
For 1 pound of shrimp:
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime powder - 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - ½ tsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Smoked paprika - ½ tsp
- Chia seeds - 1 tbsp
Add your toppings and enjoy!
This black bean, shallot and green onion mixture is such a healthy addition to any Taco Tuesday. Black beans provide so many health benefits and are very tasty too.
Went with quinoa as a filler on this shrimp taco recipe.
Healthy Shrimp Tacos
- Cook quinoa - follow directions but add a ½ tsp of seasoning to the pot of water. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- After the quinoa has cooked for about 15 minutes or so, add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan and heat. Add the white scallions and shallot to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the beans, ⅓ cup of water and a tsp if the seasoning. Cook until the water has been cooked off - about 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
- While the beans cook, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a pan and heat. When oil is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook for about 3-4 minutes and flip. Add the remaining seasoning and cook for another ¾ minutes until the shrimp is opaque. Move to a bowl.
- Warm tortillas per the instructions given.