This Ground Pork Stir fry can be whipped up in no time...and it's delicious!
Stir Fry Sauce from Kristine's Kitchen
I've made a ground pork stir fry before but this is one of my favorites. Kristine from Kristine's Kitchen hit the nail right on the head with the stir fry sauce and adding the Heritage pork made this stir fry recipe out of this world. I love ground pork recipes!
I bought these blocks of ground pork from a company called FarmFoods (you can learn more about them here) which provides 100% grass-fed beef and other healthy meats. This Heritage ground pork was extremely tender and extremely tasty and is definitely my new go-to for ground pork recipes.
How do I make Ground Pork Stir Fry?
First, let's add a tiny bit of oil (with a high smoke point) and start cooking it up. Once it's brown, remove it from the pan and set it aside for later.
Oh and put up a pot of brown rice before you start browning the meat. That'll typically take about 20-25 minutes to cook so make sure you start that first.
In the same wok, add the zucchini and carrots and season with salt and pepper. A good stir fry means quick cook time on high heat. Turn the burner up and stir frequently and cook the vegetables until they're tender.
Let's add the meat back into the wok and also the brown rice.
And mix all together until warm...which won't take long because remember the burner is still on high heat. Cook until the rice starts to brown a bit.
Ok now we'll add Kristine's stir fry sauce. I love this sauce because, one is tastes great, and two because you just mix all the ingredients up in a mason jar of whatever you have with a top and just pour it on.
Great job on the sauce Kristine...well done!
This was absolutely delicious. The sauce was spot on and the mix of zucchini and carrots was a great compliment. Hope you enjoy!
Is Heritage pork good for you?
I'm no nutritionist, but I will say that it's definitely better for you. It's well-marbled which gives is a much more complex taste and better flavor, but in terms of healthiness it has more vitamins and minerals than grain-fed meat. It's also high in antioxidants, omega-3, and good fatty acids. So while you should probably always watch your red meat intake, eating grass-fed is definitely better for you!
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Calphalon 12" Wok
- Misen Chef's Knife
- J.K. Adams Reversible Butterfly Carving Board
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cups/Spoons
Kristine's Stir Fry Sauce can be found by clicking HERE.
Ground Pork Stir Fry
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 lb ground pork Heritage preferable
- 2 cup zucchini diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- stir fry sauce from Kristine's Kitchen see link above
- Cook the rice per the instructions. Fluff with a fork, cover and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil (high smoke point) to a wok and heat on medium to high burner. Once heated add the ground pork. Cook until brown, remove, cover and keep warm.
- Add the zucchini and carrots to the wok (adding oil as needed). Cook, stirring frequently until the zucchini begins to soften.
- Add the ground pork back in and cook, once again, stirring frequently.
- Add the brown rice back in and cook, ONCE AGAIN, stirring frequently.
- Add Kristine's Stir Fry sauce to the dish. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to thicken a bit. About 2-3 minutes.
Can’t go wrong with a great risotto!! Yummy
The Skinny Guinea
Couldn't agree more Toni!