I love dinner recipes where you can throw everything all together in a pan and see where it goes. That’s what we do with this ground turkey stir fry recipe. It’s hard to mess up this dish…so have some fun with it!
Ground turkey, broccoli, onion, shallots, garlic, brown rice. There’s not much to this ground turkey recipe but it packs a flavorful punch.
We like a lot of broccoli in our family so we use a lot in this recipe. It will definitely soak up a lot of the juices and liquids when you start adding some extra flavor so be sure to add enough.
Top this dish with some green onions and you have yourself a finished meal!
We are not big meat eaters in this family so when in doubt, we substitute ground turkey or ground chicken when we can. For this stir fry, we use ground turkey and we’re all happy we did.
The real flavor in this dish comes from the seasonings and sauces I use. Cocunut aminos, gochujang, and Hoisin sauce give this stir fry just the right mix of sweet and hot.
Tools I used in this recipe:
Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- Make the brown rice according to the directions. Set aside covered.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Cook the ground turkey (season with salt & pepper) until browned. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat another 2-3 tbsp of olive oil to the same pan. Add the onion, shallot, white ends of the green onions, garlic, and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the broccoli and onions are softened.
- Add the ground turkey back into the pan and add the hoisin sauce, gochujang, coconut aminos, and brown rice. Mix thoroughly until all combined. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot and top with the green ends of the green onions before serving!