This ground pork stir fry in a spicy black bean sauce is a quick healthy dinner idea that you can have on your table in under 30 minutes!
Brown rice is such a healthy alternative to white rice. It’s loaded with fiber, helps lower cholesterol, and helps digestion just to name a few benefits. I use organic, short-grain brown rice in all my rice recipes…it’s my go-to!
How to make Ground Pork Stir Fry
First, cook the brown rice - cover and set it aside. Don't worry we'll come back to this later on.
Now, fire up those veggies and garlic. Cook until they start to get soft and tender.
Alright let's start browning the pork now. We're not big into red meat in this family, but this ground pork is delicious...and it smells so good when you cook it up.
Remember the brown rice we kept nice and warm??? Well, it's time to toss it back into the pot. Stir until all mixed together.
Let's get down to business! Add the black bean sauce and sriracha (you can add some hoisin sauce too if you'd like) and let's give this spicy ground pork recipe some spice!
Now that's what I'm talking about! The finished product!
Those of you who know me know that I love the dishes that are simple to make and loaded with flavor. This ground pork stir fry is exactly that!
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Lodge 7.5 Quart Dutch Oven
- Farberware 3 Quart Stainless Steel Saucepan
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Riveira Wooden Cooking Utensils
Ground Pork Stir Fry
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 green onion separate white bottoms from green tops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- ¼ cup sriracha or other hot sauce you prefer
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cook the rice - in a medium sized pot add 1 cup brown rice with water (follow cooking directions on rice for water amount). Cook time will vary based on the rice you're using - follow the instructions. Once rice is cooked, set aside.
- While the rice cooks, add the olive oil to a large pan. Heat. Once heated add the garlic, cook until fragrant - about 30 seconds to 1 min
- Add the onions and carrots to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft - about 5-7 mins
- Once the veggies are soft, add the ground pork and the white bottoms of the scallions to the pan - season with salt and pepper. Break up the meat and toss around the pan until browned - about 7-10 minutes
- Once the meat is browned, add the cooked rice, aminos/soy, black bean sauce, and sriracha/gochujang (if using). Cook, tossing everything together for an additional 2-3 minutes until all mixed in.
Leave a Reply