Easy Oven Baked Ribs...you had me at Easy Oven Baked Ribs!
If I could eat easy oven baked ribs every day of my life…I'd do it! We get the best of both worlds with this recipe. Some spice from the pork rub and some sweetness from the BBQ sauce. I'm kinda biased, but that sounds like a winning combination to me.
If you like recipes with tender meat, be sure to check out this Garlic and Herb Filet Mignon.
What's great about this easy oven baked ribs recipe is that you can use it for both spare ribs and baby back ribs. I'm a baby back guy myself, but the seasoning and flavor is amazing on both!
If you can, splurge a little bit and get Prime Pork...a little pricier but so worth it!
How to make easy oven baked ribs
It's really quite simple. First thing you want to do is pat the ribs dry (and remove the membrane if your rack of ribs has it still on). After they're dry, drizzle a little olive oil on them and rub them into the meat. This will create a nice surface for the seasoning to stick to.
Once the oil is rubbed into the meat, apply a generous amount salt and pepper...this is key! Even though we'll be adding a rub and BBQ sauce, a good amount of salt and pepper goes a long way.
What kind of rub do you use?
I used Suckle Buster's Hog Waller Pork & Rib rub which is absolutely unreal! It's bursting with flavor...you'll never use another rub. So go ahead and apply the rub. Sprinkle a generous amount and rub it all into meat with your hands...just make sure they're clean lol!
Suckle Buster's...so good!
Now, place them meaty side up on a baking sheet, cover them with foil, and place them in the oven at 275 degrees. Cook them for about 3 - 3.5 hours.
Once the ribs have cooked for about 3 hours, take the foil off and baste them with the BBQ sauce.
I used this Sticky Fingers Smokehouse Carolina Sweet BBQ sauce. Outstanding!
Let the ribs cook for another 20 - 30 minutes, uncovered and watch how easily they fall off the bone.
And there you have it...Easy Oven Baked Ribs with Rub and BBQ Sauce.
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Nordic Ware Baking Sheet
- J.K. Adams Reversible Butterfly Carving Board
- Misen Chef's Knife
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Basting Brush
Easy Oven Baked Ribs Recipe
- 1 rack ribs baby back or spare ribs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6-8 tsp Suckle Buster's Rub any kind
- 2-3 tbsp Sticky Finger's Smokehouse BBQ Sauce or any other BBQ sauce will do
- Remove the ribs from the package and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the membrane if needed. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Drizzle a tiny amount of olive oil on to both sides of the ribs and spread onto the meat. Once the oil is spread, season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the rub onto the meat and massage vigorously into the meat until the rub is stuck onto, and deep into the meat. Do this to both sides. Place the rack onto a baking sheet, cover with tin foil and place into the oven. Cook for 3 - 3.5 hours.
- Once the ribs have cooked for 3 - 3.5 hours, remove the tin foil and start basting the meat with the BBQ sauce. Smother it!
- Let cook for another 30 minutes or so.
The best ribs!!!