Recipe by Lorin Carcich
Chicken Marsala….WOW…I haven’t said that in a long time. This is an easy chicken marsala recipe from Michele’s side of the family. The chicken actually cooks right in the sauce. It saves a lot of time and I’m all for that!
Chicken Marsala isn’t something I typically cook…can’t actually remember the last time we had it, but it’s such a tasty dish. Put it over brown rice and you’re in business!
When you’re making Easy Chicken Marsala, use a dry version of Marsala wine. The sweet stuff is better suited for desserts and this dry Florio hit the spot. Check out this article to find out about some of the differences between sweet and dry Marsala.
Easy Chicken Marsala in 3 Easy Steps
- Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound chicken thin until it’s even in thickness.
- Bring 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 ½ cups of Beef Bone Broth, and 1 ½ cup of Marsala wine to a boil.
- Submerge chicken in the sauce and cook for 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
I’m the only one in the family who will eat mushrooms, but for some reason they have no problem with a cream of mushroom soup. I don’t get it…but what do I know???
For a side, you can do spinach or asparagus. I went with green beans. Season with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder and you have a quick and healthy side dish.
Tools I used in this recipe:
Easy Chicken Marsala
- 1 cup brown rice
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup canned
- 15 oz beef broth low sodium
- 10.5 oz marsala wine dry
- 2 lb chicken breasts thinly sliced
- Cook the rice per the instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, bring soup, broth and marsala wine to a boil.
- Place chicken in the sauce and cook for 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve chicken marsala hot over rice. Spoon sauce over meal.
Chicken Marsala made easy and very tasty