This chicken teriyaki with rice recipe is super simple and super tasty. Serve it over brown rice and you have yourself once healthy, tasty dish.
What I love about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. It may look like there are a lot of ingredients for this one, but when you combine them all to make the teriyaki sauce, it becomes a simple 30 minute meal you can enjoy with the family.
My favorite ingredient in this recipe is coconut aminos. A superfood that is a great, healthy alternative to soy sauce is so versatile and can be enjoyed without the guilt of soy.
Tools I used in this recipe:
Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless; cubed
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup riced broccoli can use riced cauliflower too
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger peeled, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch can use arrowroot starch
- sesame seeds for serving, optional
- green onions chopped for serving, optional
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat ½ the olive oil. When heated add the carrots and riced veggie. Cook for about 5 minutes until carrots are tender. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When heated, add the chicken. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, in a large bowl mix together the aminos, brown sugar, water, sesame oil, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture in with the chicken and cook for another minute or 2 until the chicken is fully coated and beginning to thicken.
- Add the brown rice and vegetables to the pan and mix thoroughly. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve hot in bowls and sprinkle with the scallions and sesame seeds (if using)!.