God I love chicken salad! Throw in some turkey bacon, some onions, and some celery and I’m one happy camper. Chicken salad with turkey bacon is a great choice on a hot summer night or just when you’re looking to fire up a quick meal.
I love an easy chicken recipe for dinner. If you do too, you have to give my Chicken Gyro with Creamy Avocado Sauce a try!
This chicken salad recipe is one of the easiest and quickest meals you can make. Cook the chicken, shred it, mix it all together and make your sandwich. Done and done!
The crumbled turkey bacon really makes this recipe. It gives it such a nice flavor and mixed in with the vegetables it’s really a gamechanging texture. I know what you’re thinking…turkey bacon isn’t real bacon. Well, you’re probably right, but don’t discount the flavor of turkey bacon in your chicken salad. Go with it…you won’t be disappointed!
The finished product!
This organic whole grain bread from Bread Alone Bakery is terrific! So healthy and yet so flavorful…can’t recommend this bakery enough if you’re in the area.
Are you a fan of chicken sandwiches? Try this chicken pesto sandwich with sauteed onions that you can make in the air fryer or on a skillet.
Tools I used in this recipe:
Chicken Salad with Turkey Bacon
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked
- 2 tbsp sweet onion minced
- 2 slabs turkey bacon crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- Using two forks, start shredding the chicken. Once shredded, put in a large bowl.
- Add the onions and celery to the bowl. Mix together.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Finally, add the bacon. Mix all together.
- Serve as a sandwich on your bread of choice!
Great for lunch or dinner