This quick and easy buttery shrimp pasta with kale recipe is packed with flavor and loaded with kale to ensure you’re getting a meal full of flavor and your daily dose of veggies too!
Served over spaghetti (I used Linguine the last time I cooked this), this is one dish that will ensure you won't walk away hungry!
This is a quick pasta recipe, so let's go ahead and cook the spaghetti first and set it aside when it's done. Leave it al dente for now!
Ok first things first...let's put some olive oil in a pot (I'm using my Lodge 7.5 quart Dutch Oven) and start cooking up some shallot. Once the shallot is fragrant, add the raw shrimp and cook until opaque.
Now let's add the butter, garlic, chicken broth and white wine (add some fresh parsley too). Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes. Season to taste.
Add the kale and cook until wilted.
Let's finish this butter and white wine shrimp pasta by adding the spaghetti (or linguine in this case) and mixing all together.
What kind of pasta can I use?
Any kind of thin pasta will do for this recipe. I've used both spaghetti and linguine but feel free to use angel hair, fettuccine, tagliatelle. Get creative and experiment.
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Lodge 7.5 Quart Dutch Oven
- Rachael Ray Pasta Pot
- Riveira Wooden Cooking Utensils
- KP Kitchen Measuring Cups/Spoons
Buttery Shrimp Pasta with Kale
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 bunch kale stemless, chopped
- ½ stick butter
- 1 cup white wine dry, crisp
- 2 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp shallot chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti any thin pasta will work
- Boil a pot of water & cook spaghetti for 9-10 mins - set aside. Save 2 cups of cooking water in a bowl/measuring cup.
- Put olive oil in a large pan and heat. When heated, add shallot - cook for 30 secs to 1 min until fragrant.
- While shallot is cooking, pat shrimp dry and then add to the pan of oil/shallot when ready. Season shrimp with salt & pepper and cook about 5-6 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Add butter, garlic, chicken broth, parsley, and white wine to the pan of shrimp. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Add kale and cook until it is wilted - about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and cook for 2-3 mins - toss to mix. If you like your dish more liquidy, add a ¼ cup of cooking water at a time until you find your desired consistency.
Dude... D E L I C I O S O !!!
Grazie mille Frankie. Glad you enjoyed!
Shrimp, kale & pasta WOW. Absolutely delicious