Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
I love shrimp…and I love tacos…it only makes sense that I love Shrimp Tacos! Once again, we’re using our gluten free seasoning with this shrimp taco recipe which is loaded with flavor …a wonderful compliment to the shrimp.
For shrimp tacos, I love using these raw shrimp…detailed and deveined. They’re big…they’re flavorful…and they’re great for shrimp tacos!
Looking for a gluten-free seasoning??? You’ll love this!
For 1 pound of shrimp:
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime powder – 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Smoked paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
Add your toppings and enjoy!
This black bean, shallot and green onion mixture is such a healthy addition to any Taco Tuesday. Black beans provide so many health benefits and are very tasty too.
Went with quinoa as a filler on this shrimp taco recipe.
- Sauce Pot
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 15 oz black beans canned
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 green onions separate white bottoms from green tops
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- Tortillas or taco shells
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseed meal
- Cook quinoa – follow directions but add a 1/2 tsp of seasoning to the pot of water. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- After the quinoa has cooked for about 15 minutes or so, add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan and heat. Add the white scallions and shallot to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the beans, 1/3 cup of water and a tsp if the seasoning. Cook until the water has been cooked off – about 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
- While the beans cook, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a pan and heat. When oil is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook for about 3-4 minutes and flip. Add the remaining seasoning and cook for another 3/4 minutes until the shrimp is opaque. Move to a bowl.
- Warm tortillas per the instructions given.