Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
This quick turkey chili recipe will quickly become one of your household favorites. Simple, fast, and EXTREMELY tasty…you’ll want to keep this one in your recipe book for the next cold, damp day.
My kids don’t like the spicy stuff, but I can always get away with a little bit in a chili. All you need is a little bit to get this dish just right!
Quick Turkey Chili Recipe
- Dutch oven
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 zucchini small diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes canned
- 2 cup chicken broth can use vegetable too
- 2 can black beans 15 oz cans
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded; optional
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat some oil in a large pot, add the onions, zucchini, and garlic. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, and cook until browned.
- Add the seasoning and cook until fragrant and mixed in. 30 seconds or so.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, beans, corn. Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat and simmer for about 30 mins or until you reach your desired thickness.
- Turn off the heat. If adding cheese, add now and mix all together.