Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
Are you looking for an easy way to make a killer shrimp scampi dish? Just follow my How to Cook Shrimp Scampi recipe and you’re all set! Be sure to keep this one around for the holidays or when you’re just craving a killer shrimp scampi dish!
Do you love shrimp? Look no further than this shrimp scampi recipe…it’ll be on your plate in 15 minutes.
Not sure what else to say about this recipe except…ENJOY EVERY BITE!
Now, I’m no wine connoisseur or wine cooking expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe one of the keys to a good shrimp scampi is the wine. My first rule of thumb is going with a dry or crisp white wine – my go to is typically Pinot Grigio. My second rule of thumb is to go with something you like to drink (or your partner likes to drink). Michele loves this ‘Mommy’s Time Out’ from Trebbiano.
Whatever it is, save the real expensive stuff you have and cook with a good white which is a bit more on the affordable side.
- Fry pan
- 2 lbs raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 stick butter softened
- 1 cup breadcrumbs seasoned
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup white wine dry, crisp
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper optional
- In a bowl mix the softened butter, garlic, shallots, breadcrumbs, parsley, and a dash of red pepper or hot sauce (your choice).
- Peel and devain 2 lb of large shrimp preferably 15 to 20 to a lb
- Heat the butter mixture until melted (do not burn).
- Add the shrimp, salt and pepper to taste and a cup of dry white wine preferably Pinot Grigio.
- Cook until the shrimp are cooked thru about 8 to 10 minutes.