You’ll love this Healthy Lemon Garlic Chicken with a little bit of Parmesan!
This recipe was inspired by EatWell 101
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
This Healthy Lemon Garlic Chicken with Farro is a simple and easy recipe you can put on your dinner table in under 30 minutes. Lots of flavor and healthy too!
The parmesan cheese at the end of this recipe made all the difference. If you’d like to keep it even healthier, opt for a little less than what the recipe calls. Either way you’ll enjoy the flavors in this chicken recipe.
I cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces to allow for easy cooking. Just 5 minutes is all it should take to get these chicken bites ready to eat.
Garlic, wine and chicken broth makes a nice base for the meal.
Is Farro healthy?
Extremely! Farro is loaded with protein, fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants. With a nutty flavor, it’s such a flavorful and healthy addition.
When was the last time you added farro to your diet? It’s been a while for us (too long actually) so I decided to mix it into this recipe. Check out this article to see just how healthy farro is.
Healthy Lemon Garlic Chicken with Farro
- 1 cup farro
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine crisp, dry, pinot grigio
- 1 lemon juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper optional
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cook the farro per the instructions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Cut into small cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken. Cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes or so. Set chicken aside on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Make the sauce – in the same pan, add the garlic, wine and broth and deglaze the bottom of the pan. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a light boil simmer until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes until the broccoli begins to soften. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lemon juice and as much of the red pepper as you’d like (if you’re using).
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir to thoroughly mix.
- Serve hot in a bowl or plate, top with extra parmesan cheese if desired!