Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
It’s hard to imagine being able to get more vegetables in a dish than this Chinese Chicken Stir Fry recipe. It has 8 different vegetables, has a healthy dose of ground chicken, and loaded with flavor.
Trader Joe’s sells this the ‘Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix’. In it is broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish, and celery.
I sometimes make this dish with bok choy, but if you can get your hands on this mix…do it! You won’t be disappointed 🙂
This dish not only tastes good, but is pleasing on the eyes too!
Tools I used in this recipe:
- All-Clad Stainless Steel Fry Pan
- Riveira Wooden Cooking Utensils
- KP Kitchen Measuring Spoons
- Pyrex Mixing Bowls
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
- Fry pan
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 stalks green onion separate white bottoms from green tops
- 3 tsp ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lb mixed stir fry veggies you can also use bok choy here
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- hot sauce optional; to taste
- lemon juiced
- Cook the brown rice, set aside and cover.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot. Once heated, add the white scallion bottoms. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground chicken. Brown – 4-5 minutes. Pour chicken into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp of olive oil to the hot pan. Add the bottoms of the bok choy (or the mixed veggies), garlic, ginger, and sesame oil to the pan. Cook 5-7 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Add back the chicken and also the aminos, black bean sauce and hot sauce (if using) – mix thoroughly together.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice in the final minute of cooking (if using).
- Sprinkle with the green ends of the scallions and a bit more of the lemon juice (if using).