Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below/on the side are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products listed and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
This chicken teriyaki recipe is super simple and super tasty. Serve it over brown rice and you have yourself once healthy, tasty dish.
What I love about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. It may look like there are a lot of ingredients for this one, but when you combine them all to make the teriyaki sauce, it becomes a simple 30 minute meal you can enjoy with the family.
My favorite ingredient in this recipe is coconut aminos. A superfood that is a great, healthy alternative to soy sauce is so versatile and can be enjoyed without the guilt of soy.
Tools I used in this recipe:
- Fry pan
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless; cubed
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup riced broccoli can use riced cauliflower too
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger peeled, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch can use arrowroot starch
- sesame seeds for serving, optional
- green onions chopped for serving, optional
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1/2 the olive oil. When heated add the carrots and riced veggie. Cook for about 5 minutes until carrots are tender. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When heated, add the chicken. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, in a large bowl mix together the aminos, brown sugar, water, sesame oil, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture in with the chicken and cook for another minute or 2 until the chicken is fully coated and beginning to thicken.
- Add the brown rice and vegetables to the pan and mix thoroughly. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve hot in bowls and sprinkle with the scallions and sesame seeds (if using)!.