Dial up your Taco Tuesday with these beer-flavored Filet Mignon tacos with homemade salsa on whole wheat tortillas! Taco Tuesday just got exciting!
We are definitely more of a ground turkey or chicken family when it comes to tacos, but I gotta tell ya…these steak tacos made with filet mignon can rival any taco out there!
This homemade salsa was easy, tasty and the perfect finishing topper on a great meal.
Beer-Flavored Steak Tacos
- 1 lb filet mignon cubed
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 15 oz black beans canned
- 15 oz corn canned
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 6 oz beer any kind; one you like to drink
- Make the salsa - Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. When heated, add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic - cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the corn, beans and lime juice. Cook until the mixture begins to harden.
- While the salsa cooks, add 1 tbsp of oil to another pan. When heated, add the beef and beer. Cook until browned and the beer starts to cook off, then add the seasoning. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Now add the tomatoes to the salsa and cook for 2-3 minutes.